• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How many people make a living Day Trading?

Of course it's not easy, and of course many people have lost nearly everything trying, but who knows of, or is a professional day/swing trader?

Really appreciate honest feedback.

Hope you're having a great trading day.

For stable minded, focused, hard working people, seems like it would be a good life verses working 10 to 12 hours a day in an office or jobs we don't like...

Thoughts?
I wouldn't give up your day job unless you have some long term experience making some consistently good profits thru up and down markets.

Personally, I don't know anyone who has been able to make a decent living over a long period of time from day trading.....Good Luck!
Not sure if you can count mutual fund/EFT managers day traders since a good number of them would likely trade daily  Cool

Personally, I dream of making a living Day Dreaming.
I would do anything to work whenever I wanted, premarket, regular session, after hours, to be able to say I made enough Mon Tues, & Wednesday I think we can go on a 4 day cruise.

We could trade on the beach, vacationing, traveling and even while driving.

Can take a break whenever we want, go for a jog, to the gym, whatever.

What could be better?
(11-29-2018, 11:50 AM)Kwill Wrote: I would do anything to work whenever I wanted, premarket, regular session, after hours, to be able to say I made enough Mon Tues, & Wednesday I think we can go on a 4 day cruise.

We could trade on the beach, vacationing, traveling and even while driving.

Can take a break whenever we want, go for a jog, to the gym, whatever.

What could be better?

Build real wealth then go hang out at the beach and vacation when you want to.....that is what we did.
works only on those info commercials one sees at 3 AM I believe the people who think they can make money at it have a gambling component to their personality, don't know anybody personally who can do it year after year
In my opinion, trying to compete in day trading from one's bedroom is a sucker's game. You're up against high speed computers doing program trading from within a mile of the exchanges in order to try to beat each other to the punch. By the home-trader's order gets there, the opportunities are long gone, and it's been that way for about the past 20 years:
Some folks are lucky at it.  There are some interesting youtube videos of day traders. 

For me... I spend too much time reading this forum and a few other financial blogs to do DTg.  There are many good folks on this forum, Seeking Alpha and others that have been there, done that.