• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What is you cash (equivalent) percentage today?

I currently sit at 24% cash; and a quarter of that is my 30-month expense/budget fund.

What is your current cash portion?  Has it recently increased or is it the same as always?  Any plans to bump it up?
No, hardly a blip.

I'm around 33% cash, then also some portion of cash equivalents.
Lol
The sky is not falling.
Mr Market is.
And safer $$$ can be made with simple interest.
The paradigm is shifting.
Rebalancing over the past month puts me at 40%.
No worries no problem.
0% Cash
53% Near Cash
43% Short Term - Corporate Investment Grade 1/4 year duration
100% cash...... but I'm still dabbling - lost $1k on in-and-out today.

The HY stuff isn't doing well right now.
22% cash, 32% equities, balance in bond ladders and two bond/bond alternative funds. Overall still positive for the year. No plans to increase cash. I’ve been buying some bonds here and there.
(11-28-2018, 10:02 PM)MayDay Wrote: 22% cash, 32% equities, balance in bond ladders and two bond/bond alternative funds.  Overall still positive for the year. No plans to increase cash. I’ve been buying some bonds here and there.

Your allocations appears closest to my own.  31% bonds and 36% equities, 24% cash eq.

Unsettling week .
my pre-existing strategy was to extend duration as rates increase
I'm usually 100% invested but currently have 8.5% cash in my investable accounts. Of that 8.5%, I have half of it already tied up in limit orders. I may sell off a little more but overall I am looking at this selloff as an opportunity.
DoubleDown - Good luck.  I too am looking for buy opportunities, but this is scary...just to find the right moment and see another 3-5% drop the following day and then another day drop.   Namely, NVDA, TLND, and CHY.

Kwill - -extend duration from where to where; also 3, 5, 10, 30 year?

(Personally, duration is a moving target at this point, and it can go either way).  With inflation emerging and if the tariffs stick, rates are going to rise quicker than most expect.