• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What to do in this crazy stock market?

What is everyone doing with the high volatility we have had lately? Anyone selling, trimming?
I have been following my mechanical strategies, most of which have me in cash at the moment. There are a couple which have started to buy some bond etf's and a couple have been selling due to hitting trailing stop loss values.
Set your hair on fire, but do not trade.  Me, sitting tight, all cash.  So what if this the bottom.  Ya get back in a little late.

But what if there is another 10-15% down?
Same as I did in '08, wait and get paid...
I am an investor. I ignore the volatility. I have some cash to invest (from tax loss harvesting). I am eager to get it working, but I am not there yet. I will be buying--just not exactly sure when. We are down 10%. If we fell another 10%, I think that would tempt me too much, and I would deploy everything, but I know it doesn't work that way. No one rings a bell.

Since I am a very long-term dividend investor, I think I will decide when current dividend yields on the stocks is "good enough," and then take the plunge. Example, PAYX is yielding 3.3%, with a forward yield in five months likely at or above 3.5%. That is really getting to be close enough for me.

Net, I am buying, not selling. Just not there yet.
Now is NOT the time to trim, it will be a loosing proposition.

The economy is still solid and the market is just trying to make sense of our administration policies, tariffs, infrastructure bill, growing deficient and all the other dark clouds hovering over the administration.

Reality Check: We still have the lowest unemployment level ever, the democrats will support an infrastructure bill and so will the republicans. That alone will give us a rebirth of the bull rally. And I suspect Q4 earnings will prevail to be higher yet.

Pick your stocks wisely if your buying on this dip.