• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Do you invest in gold?

I have always felt that if things get so bad that all you have to fall back on is gold, assets of any kind will be the least of your worries.
Do I buy gold? Not physical gold. Have no interest in seeing the metal.

Do I buy gold miners. Yes. But not all miners are equal. Some are for day-traders.

If you are interested in miners that focus on gold, the risks (and potential rewards) are high if you have a wonderful way of predicting the future. I prefer diversified miners. My primary investment, which is really a small piece of my investment pie is RIO.

Rio Tinto plc, a mining and metals company, explores for, develops, produces, and processes minerals and metals worldwide. It finds, mines, and processes mineral resources, including aluminum, copper, diamonds, gold, industrial minerals (borates, titanium dioxide, and salt), iron ore, thermal and metallurgical coal, and uranium, as well as sulphuric acid, rhenium, lead carbonate, and selenium. The company was founded in 1873 and is headquartered in London, the United Kingdom. Rio Tinto plc operates as a subsidiary of Rio Tinto Group.