• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Stock Style and Sector Analysis

I've been looking at various threads and different approaches to investing.
I'm 35% Cash and equivalents, 65% Equity investments with a tendency towards Growth.
How does your personal Matrix compare?
What I've done is to take a Screen Shot without displaying amounts.
If you can post up your comparative Matrix, I'd like to see them.

Currently:

27% Equities

40% Bonds

26% Short term (Cash equivalent)

8% Investment real estate
Cool and very useful.
The CFP who has had 3 sessions with me is promoting a similar approach.
His data suggests that I don't need the 75% risk bucket.
He is advocating no more than 30-35% and the balance in less aggressive sectors.
BUT he stresses no Bond Funds and no Muni's.
His review of Muni Ratings was not positive.
I'm contemplating and chewing it over.
Tongue
Aside for some short term floating rate bank funds, I own no bond funds. All of my bond sectors are individual bonds. I am not actively pursuing any particular bond category. 85% of my bonds were purchased pre 2013. Most of my Munis (50% of my bond holdings) were purchased 2008-2010. Many were dirt cheap California zeros. My latter bond purchases were mostly junk, short term (1.5 -5 years). So far all is well with the bonds, a couple defaults and some great calls, events, on my discount purchases. Taking the good with the bad. My short term allocation is anxiously awaiting the big pull back (for the past 2 years). - yikes!

Good luck with your reallocation...kind of like Spring...a breath of fresh air.
Here's a great video to show you how to get your stock style and sector analysis
I am just trying to figure out how showing ones valuation allocation is helpful......Please explain your thoughts on this as probably many others who might be reading this thread might also wonder what insights might be gained from this and I would also like to know as well.

Additionally shows his sector allocation....that adds a little bit more to the puzzle as it shows where he might have a lower risk with a high bond allocation...although with rising interest rates this could be a negative, but if we were to enter into a recession that is likely to be a positive or lower risk.

Also, not all of us have 100% of our assets in Fidelity such as my account only represents only about 17% of my net worth....investment outside of of this account are highly concentrated in real estate, bank loans and about 5% in foreign treasuries. To me it seem more worth while to know you are invested in quality assets that produce a superior return rather than to worry about whether or not your valuation allocation matches up with that of the total market index.

I cant seem to figure out how to get my chart in here but my valuation shows 77% in large cap value and most definitely skewed towards large cap value investment which you would already know this if you read my frequent posts about being a value investor. But what you can't see is that within my holdings I am highly concentrated with a small handful of investments an I am out performing the market YTD overall by a wide margin. So, what does this valuation percentages tell us or how does it help us to become better investors?
Why would folks hide their data and results in private groups when this forum is designed to share it.

I find the data that's been shared very valuable to me.

It explains why/how some individuals view many of the topics we discuss. I seek growth which sometimes comes up short. Others seek Value and Dividends which sometimes comes with other issues. I don't have 100% of our assets in Fidelity either but it's significant enough to provide others with a data point. The same applies if they share their data and results, I can evaluate their approach and contrast it with mine.