• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Reflections on a moderate portfolio please

Hello friends....

I am 64 yrs old and preparing for retirement in the next 5-6 months.  I am, at the moment primarily in cash, however I have created a model portfolio that I believe will work for me in the long-term....  but as Donald Rumsfeld once said "We don't know what we don't know".   I would like reflections on this model and observations that I may have missed.  It would break out as about 35% domestic and foreign stocks, and about 60% fixed income (primarily intermediate term bonds).  The funds that I am looking at are:  DODIX (or perhaps THOPX), FTBFX, VWINX, VSEQX, FPURX, VEIPX, and am currently holding VWELX and PONAX.
Have you modeled this out in the Fidelity retirement planner tool?

It's a relatively conservative portfolio - can it generate what you need for the next 20-30 years?
Have you modeled this out in the retirement planner tool?

It's a relatively conservative portfolio - can it generate what you need for the next 20-30 years?
No, I didn't use the tool, as when I have looked at the tool in the past, it has included funds that I would never pick... some real dogs.  I don't know how their algorithm works, but I think that it defaults to picking Fidelity managed funds whenever possible. I have created this model myself using the research tools on Fidelity and elsewhere.