• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Who manages your investments

We like Fidelity. Been with them since 1982. We have learned a lot with them. They have made suggestions, but never ever a demand. We ask for guidance and all Fidelity representatives locally and at corporate office have provided clear answers every time. I may have had to ask for more explanation, but they always have had time to go over something a second and a third time to help us.
At times we may deviate from their suggestions, but there has never been any harsh words, nor have we had any feelings of regret.
So, I would say we, wife and I, do our investing - placing buys/sells and doing research decisions to trade mutual funds, bonds and stock generally online.
Things that really helped were which `types` of funds to keep in an IRA, like high dividend/capital gain funds or consider ladders CDs or mini bonds for income. Never has Fidelity said to buy or sell a specific fund or stock by name - we like that.
We thank and appreciate Fidelity`s staff for helping us.
Since you have indicated that you have received poor investment results, then leave that adviser and manage investment yourself. Mange your investments with low cost index funds with proper asset allocations based on your risk level. I found that this approach will yield  equal, if not better results than investment managed by a financial adviser.  In the past, I have utilized investment manager but overall results are better as if I manage myself with low cost index funds!
(12-21-2018, 08:47 PM)FireHiker Wrote: Since you have indicated that you have received poor investment results, then leave that adviser and manage investment yourself. Mange your investments with low cost index funds with proper asset allocations based on your risk level. I found that this approach will yield  equal, if not better results than investment managed by a financial adviser.  In the past, I have utilized investment manager but overall results are better as if I manage myself with low cost index funds!

Years ago, I bought lifetime subscription us both to Louis Naavallier Platinum and Street Authority.   I have largely followed all of LN’s  recommendations for buys and sells, and read many of Street Authority‘s newsletters,occasionally making the purchases they recommend. I actively manage my portfolio, and don’t blindly follow their advice and have done remarkably well with the fairly (many would say too) aggressive portfolio I have.

Having just retired, I am gradually moving to safer holdings but have beaten most indices the past five years.