401k Fidelity NetBenefits Tutorial
If you company provides a 401k plan there is a good chance it's provided by Fidelity's NetBenefits. I'm going to walk you through how to use the tool. If you haven't logged in before check with your local HR on how to setup access to Fidelity's 401k NetBenefits plan.
- First you'll want to visit https://401k.com/ or https://fidelity.com/ to login. Once you've logged in you make get a screen similar to the over on the right. This is because I've worked at three different companies that provided 401k Fidelity Netbenefits plan.
2. Fidelity Investments Account Summary
- Here you'll find a complete list of your Fidelity Investment Accounts (includes all Fidelity retirement accounts, stock plans, pensions, non-retirement accounts, savings, and checking). We're going to focus on the 401k Fidelity NetBenefits. I'm going to use Micron in this tutorial, because I'm still currently employed there.
3. Checking Your 401k Balance, Contributions, and Return
- From the summary screen you can see your current 401k balance, your contribution for the year, current pre-tax percentage, your employers match(will vary between companies), and your rate of return. You should at least be contributing enough to get the full benefit of your employers match.